Mechanical Design Engineer -- HVAC
Posted: April 5, 2012
Air Rover, Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with 3 or more years of experience in the design and manufacturing of HVAC systems. This position will be located in Tyler, TX.
- Design portable commercial HVAC systems and military-grade environmental control units;
- Actively participate in project design and development efforts (including feasibility studies, load calculations, component selection, design specifications, CAD modeling, cost estimates, etc.)
- Respond to customer’s inquiries and review customer’s requirements;
- Review design documents for completion and ensure department personnel comply with accepted industry and company standards;
- Develop and/or maintain unit bills of materials and operator’s manuals;
- Assist in the company efforts to improve quality standards and procedures;
- Schedule routine products test and evaluation;
- Support manufacturing needs for design and modifications.
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Creative thinking and effective teamwork skills
- 3+ experience in a manufacturing environment, especially an HVAC manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of heat transfer and refrigeration principles
- Strong knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks and/or SolidEdge preferred)
- Familiarity with quality assurance practice (desired but not a must)
- Familiarity with testing tools and instrumentation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Compensation: Competitive salary and excellent benefits
If you are interested in this position, please fax your résumé, cover letter and/or salary history to 903-877-2793, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Air Rover is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-verify.